Ever wonder what products someone else uses and what they think of them?? These are my product empties for the month of January:
- Bottle of CVS brand saline solution: I use this to rinse my contacts before I put them in every morning, as well as any time they get cruddy. I pick up a bottle or two a few times a year.
- Bottle of Clear Care disinfecting solution: My contacts soak in this every night, and get squeaky clean. I’ve been using this for as long as I can remember, and will continue to do so, unless something better comes out. (Or until they develop a corrective surgery for people with horrendous astigmatism.)
- Tube of Bath & Body Works Ultra Shea Body Cream in Frosted Snow Blossom: I loved this scent, and the packaging is so pretty. I’ll definitely pick this one up again!
- Tube of Pantene Curl Sculpting Gel: I discovered this gel fairly recently, and have been pretty pleased with it. It’s a keeper, for now.
- Bottle of Thera Tears Lubricant Eye Drops: I use a ton of these drops, especially after my eye doctor told me to put a few drops in my eyes every morning and night, to help with my dry-eye discomfort. It made a huge difference!
- Bottle of Herbal Essences Anti-Frizz Conditioner: Not much to say about this stuff… It was fine, but I don’t really notice much of a difference between shampoo/conditioner brands/formulas, so I buy whatever I can get on sale.
- Tube of Colgate Total Daily Repair toothpaste: As with shampoo/conditioner, I just buy whatever toothpaste I get a good deal on, since I don’t notice much of a difference.
- Small tube of Briogeo Curl Charisma Frizz Control Gel: I got this in a Sephora Favorites set at the end of last year, and I liked it. I put it on my hair before gel, and it did seem to add some softness. I haven’t priced the full size, but I might after I finish the rest of that set it came with.
- Bath & Body Works Cinnamon Caramel Swirl foaming hand soap: I didn’t like this scent when I first started using it, but it really grew on me, and I was sad to finish it.
- 50-ounce bottle of Era laundry detergent: I’m not at all brand-loyal when it comes to laundry detergent,mainly because I’ve never really noticed much of a difference between brands. This one worked just fine.
- Bath & Body Works Winter Candy Apple 3-wick candle: You can read about my candle obsession here. This scent was nice, but a little too artificial smelling for me. Definitely not a favorite.
- Bath & Body Works Twisted Peppermint 3-wick candle: I got this as a freebie with a pre-Christmas order, and while I liked the smell on “cold sniff” (as the candle people say), both my husband and I thought it smelled like kerosene while it was burning.
- Bath & Body Works Cinnamon Honey Apple 1-wick candle: I didn’t particularly like this one, either, although the packaging is really cute.
- White Barn Evergreen 3-wick candle: The scent of this candle was fantastic!! It was a powerful and very realistic evergreen scent, and our house smelled like we had just brought home a Christmas tree every time I burned it!
- Container of Lysol Disinfecting Wipes: I mainly use these for cleaning in the bathrooms. In my experience, the Lysol and Clorox ones are interchangeable, so I stock up whenever either one of them is on sale.
- Bottle of Scrubbing Bubbles Foaming Bleach bathroom cleaner: One of my very least favorite household chores is cleaning showers. Anything I can do to make it easier, I’ll do! Even though I hate the smell of bleach, I’ve found that bleach-based cleaners are most effective when combating soap scum and mildew. This one gets the (unpleasant) job done.
Makeup & Skincare
- Pack of Neutrogena make-up remover wipes in Night Calming: I liked these and they did a good job of removing my makeup, but I always felt like they left a film on my fingers. Not a deal-breaker, but not my favorite.
- Small tube of Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins Renewal Cream: This came as part of this set of travel-size Origins products. I liked it, and would consider buying it in the full size.
- Small tube of Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lip gloss in Sparkplug: This also came from a set, and I absolutely loved this color. It’s a pretty neutral color, and a nice-feeling gloss – long-lasting and not too sticky. I’ll definitely buy a full size of it!
- Pack of Simple Micellar Make-Up Remover Wipes: These did the job well, without a strong scent or filmy feel. I’ll definitely buy them again.
- Sample size tub of Luzern Laboratories Force De Vie Pure Oxygen Creme Luxe: I think this came in a set of samples with an order from Sephora or Ulta. It worked fine, but didn’t strike me as anything special, nor worth the high price of a full size.
Product Hit of the Month: The Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lip gloss
Product Miss of the Month: The peppermint Bath & Body Works candle
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen my Sample Sunday posts. I love sample sizes and trying new products of all kinds, but my stash has gotten a little out of control. As a result, I’ve started pulling out a few samples on Sundays, to try out over the next couple of weeks. Here are the samples I finished in January:
Do you use any of these products, too? Are you a big fan of samples, or do you stick with the tried-and-true?