Here’s how I did with my goals for 2018 in January: (You can read how I came up with my goals here.)
My Goals for 2018
- Write in a gratitude journal five nights per week. Check! I met this goal without any difficulty in January.
- Meditate for at least three minutes, three days per week. I got a slow start with this one, and only met my weekly goal once in January. I’ve realized that I fall asleep when I try to meditate at night, but early in the morning works out well.
- Cook a ham. I’m not working on any of my cooking/baking goals until next March, when I’ll be down to working only three days a week.
- Make cinnamon rolls from scratch. Same as above.
- Make a cheesecake from scratch. And again.
- Get comfortable making pie crust from scratch. And, yet again.
- Clean or declutter for 15 minutes per day, five days per week. I did moderately well with this one in January. Most weeks I did it four times, not five.
- Exercise for 30 minutes per day, five days per week. This is the one I put the most focus on, largely because it’s the one that feels most like a chore to me. I achieved it three weeks, and the fourth week I exercised four days.
- Create a weekly meal plan. My distaste for cooking and meal-planning is well-established, making this goal all the more important for me. I created and published meal plans four of the five Mondays in January, which – given how I feel about it – seems like a success.
- Try one new recipe per week. My distaste for new things is also well-established, and several weeks, I forgot all about this goal. I only tried two new recipes in January: Simple Mushroom Broccoli Stir Fry Noodles and Slow Cooker Enchilada Orzo. Both were good, and I’ll definitely make them again.
- Dispose of one box of stuff per month, especially children’s clothing and toys. I took two big bags to the children’s consignment store, and gave one bag of things to a coworker who has a daughter a couple of years younger than mine.
- Have a (brief) look-ahead session prior to start of each month. I did this just before the start of January, and again before February.
What are your goals for 2018??