These are the products I finished up in December:
- Tub of Mario Badescu Almond & Honey Non-Abrasive Face Scrub: I’ve had this in my shower for over a year. I like that it cleans my face without abrasiveness, but I don’t think it does much exfoliating.
- Pack of Collagen Make-Up Cleansing Wipes: I got these at Dollar Tree, figuring it was worth giving them a shot for the cheap price. While they did a fine job of taking off my make-up, they’re very thin and I didn’t like the texture at all.
- Tube of Garnier Fructis Style Curl Scrunch Controlling Gel: This was just okay. I found it kind of drying, and the hold was not great. (I like a nice firm hold on my curls, since they get pretty frizzy without it.)
- Travel size bottle of Up & Up Clear Comfort Multi-Purpose Solution: I keep one of these in my travel bag. It’s cheap and works well.
- Stick of Dove Advanced Care Invisible Anti-Perspirant in Sheer Fresh: This was the first one of these I tried, and I liked it. I’m not particularly brand-loyal with deodorant, but I’ll pick this up again the next time I can get a good price.
- Tube of Bath & Body Works Ultra Shea Body Cream in Twisted Peppermint: I loved this scent!!
- Can of Gillette Satin Care Dry Skin Shave Gel: I’m also not brand-loyal with shave gel, but I tend to use this one because it goes on sale every month.
- Small tube of Crest Complete Whitening Plus Scope toothpaste: My husband and I both like this kind of toothpaste, so I grabbed this tube when I saw it at Dollar Tree.
- Bottle of Clear Care Cleaning & Disinfection Solution: I wear extended-wear (each set lasts for three months) contacts, and this cleans them really well.
- Bottle of Joico Joilotion Sculpting Lotion: I put a little of this on my hair after I blow-dry it. I’ve been using it for years, and will continue to do so, unless I find a better option.
- Tube of Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme: I put a little of this on my hair when it’s looking kind of frizzy.
- Small Colgate Total Dental Floss: Not surprisingly, I’m not brand-loyal with dental floss. I got this particular one for free in my last goody-bag from my dentist.
- Two bottles of Thera Tears Dry Eye Therapy Eye Drops: My eyes have been very dry lately, so my eye doctor recommended that I put a couple of these drops in my eyes when I get up in the morning and before I go to bed. I was skeptical, but doing so has made a big difference in my comfort level.
- Sample size tube of Pangea Organics Nigerian Ginger with Lavender & Thyme Facial Cream: I’m not sure where I got this, possibly in a past Birchbox or Ipsy Glam Bag. It worked pretty well, but I didn’t love the scent.
- Sample size of Ahava Dead Sea Crystal Osmoter Facial Serum: I’m not sure where I got this one, either, probably with an Ulta order. It was fine, but basically an oil, which I don’t like the feeling of on my face.
- Bottle of CVS brand Calcium & Vitamin D supplements: I don’t get enough calcium in my diet most days, so I usually take one of these.
- Bottles of CVS brand CoQ-10 and Magnesium Oxide supplements: Along with the one below, I take these supplements for my migraines on the recommendation of my neurologist. Much to my amazement, this “cocktail” noticeably decreases the intensity – not the frequency, unfortunately – of my migraines.
- Bottle of Radiance Platinum Vitamin B-2 supplements: I have a hard time finding B-2 in the generic, CVS brand, so I usually end up with this brand of them.
- Bath & Body Works Afternoon Apple Picking Gentle Foaming Hand Soap: I’m a big fan of the B&BW foaming hand soaps, and I enjoy most apple scents, including this one.
- Pack of Finish Powerball dishwasher tablets: These work well, so I stock up whenever they go on sale.
- Bath & Body Works Spiced Apple Toddy 3-wick candle: Read about my candle obsession here. This scent was fine, but not a favorite.
- Bath & Body Works Hot Cocoa & Cream 3-wick candle: I thought this smelled like I was baking really fudgy brownies, but my husband was not a fan.
- Bath & Body Works Fresh Balsam 3-wick candle: This smelled like I was walking in a forest of pines, and I loved it!
- Small Target apple cinnamon scented candle: The scent on this candle was undetectable, but I loved the mercury glass-effect of the glass container.
- Bottle of Era Active Stainfighter detergent: I’m not at all brand loyal with laundry detergent, because they all seem to work equally well, to me. I got this one on sale, and it worked just fine.
- Bottle of Comet Stainless Steel Powder Cleanser: I like to use these powder cleaners on my sink. This one was fine, but I’ll try other options, too.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Baci: I got this in this set, and it looked terrible on my lips. (You may recall that I had a similar reaction to one of the other colors in this set in last month’s empties post. Clearly this is not the right color family for me!)
- Sample size of Nars Powermatte Lip Pigment in Starwoman: I got this with a Sephora purchase, and while I’ve been wanting to find the right shade of red lip color for me, this is definitely not it.
- Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara in Extreme Black: There’s nothing special about this mascara at all, so I won’t be purchasing it again.
Product Hit of the Month: It’s not exciting, but those Thera Dry lubricating eye drops have made a big difference in my eye discomfort and dryness.
Product Miss of the Month: Either one of the lip colors. They both looked pretty bad on me.
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen my Sample Sunday posts. I love sample sizes and trying new products of all kinds, but I’ve been hanging onto my stash for a while, rather than putting them to use. As a result, I’ve started pulling out a few samples on Sundays, to try out over the next week or so. Here are the samples I finished in December:
Do you use any of these products, too? Are you a big fan of samples, or do you stick with the tried-and-true?
This post contains affiliate links, which help support this blog. Thank you!!