Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!!
I had a lazy weekend (mostly) at home. On Saturday, my daughter had a two-hour shift of selling Girl Scout cookies at a local Stewart’s shop. Unfortunately, temperatures were in the low thirties, and it alternated between snow and rain. Such dedicated girls! I stayed for a half hour at the beginning of her shift, but left when she informed me that it was time for me to go.
After my husband and I picked her up, we headed to the mechanic to pick up his car, which was in for new brakes, spark plug replacement, snow tire removal, and inspection. (Cha-ching!) On our way home, my daughter and I delivered a few orders of GS cookies to our neighbors.
Yesterday, my daughter had a GS party at our town hall, and she and I delivered the remainder of our cookie orders on the way home from that. I also did some reading, a few chores, and a lot of relaxing.
The Week Ahead
It’s the start of the spring term at the college where I work, so I’m heading back to work this week. Unlike at the college where I worked in NYC, student traffic in our office drops of dramatically this term. As a result, I’m scheduled to work only two days per week through the end of April, and possibly a few weeks into May. Most weeks – including this one – I’ll be working Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
My daughter is starting about a month of Thursday evening swimming lessons this week. Since we’ll be getting home at dinner time, I’ll be planning either slow cooker or leftovers dinners those nights.
And I’m particularly excited about next Saturday, since my no added sugar month will be over! I’m counting down the days to when I can start enjoying eating again…
This Week’s Meal Plan
Here’s what’s for dinner at my house this week:
- Monday: Quinoa with mushrooms, kale, and sweet potatoes from Real Simple Dinner Tonight: Done! (Didn’t happen last week.)
- Tuesday (work day): Pasta with quick meat sauce from Real Simple Best Recipes: Easy, Delicious Meals, with frozen veggies
- Wednesday (work day): Leftovers
- Thursday (evening swimming): Slow cooker Italian braised pork with sautéed spinach
- Friday: Turkey meatloaf from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, with roasted carrots
- Saturday (sugar!!): Leftovers
- Sunday: Ravioli with salad
What’s for dinner at your house this week?
This post contains affiliate links, which help support this blog. Thank you!!