Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
We had a relatively quiet weekend at home. My in-laws came up from New Jersey for a visit on Saturday. They took us out to lunch at PJs, a yummy local BBQ spot, then we retreated to our house for coffee and time together. When the weather is better, we usually walk around Saratoga with them, but since Saturday’s high was 16 degrees, no one wanted to be outside for a moment more than necessary!
We didn’t have any plans for Sunday, but my husband came up with the idea to take our daughter ice skating at Empire State Plaza in Albany. It was pretty chilly on the Plaza, but my husband and daughter got some good skating in. (Since I clutch the wall for dear life and end up stiff the next day as a result, I opted to be a spectator.) After skating, we went to Druthers for a late lunch/early dinner. I love the food at Druthers, and my burger (without a bun this time for my no added sugar month), did not disappointment.
The Week Ahead
This is week ten of the winter trimester at the college where I work. Week ten is the last week of classes, and the student traffic in the career center has slowed to a near-trickle. (Who’s thinking about their resume when finals are looming??) This is also the last week I work, before having two weeks off – finals week and spring break week. I’m working Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week.
This Week’s Meal Plan
- Monday: Macaroni and cheese (from Real Simple Best Recipes: Easy Delicious Meals)
- Tuesday: Shrimp Étouffée with Tomatoes & Arborio Rice (from Blue Apron)
- Wednesday: Leftovers
- Thursday: Creamy Beef Ragù & Elicoidali Pasta with Spinach & Cheddar Cheese (from Blue Apron)
- Friday: Brinner (sausage, scrambled eggs, and sugar-free bread)
- Saturday: Pizza or some other kind of take-out goodness
- Sunday: Slow cooker pot roast
What’s for dinner at your house this week??
This post contains affiliate links, which help support this blog. Thank you!!