Happy Monday! I hope you had a fantastic weekend!
Our weekend was fairly uneventful. My husband had to work in Utica on Saturday, so my daughter and I were on our own for most of the day. We met friends at a playground in the afternoon, before going out to dinner with my husband, when he got home. Yesterday was a lazy day at home for me, and my husband ran a few errands. My daughter and husband also started decorating the house with fall decor. I’m okay with leaf, pumpkin, acorn, and other autumn decorations at this point, but nothing Halloween before October.
The Week Ahead
This week is the first full week of school, plus we have a couple of evening activities on the calendar. On Wednesday evening, we have open house at my daughter’s school. It’s a chance to meet her teacher and get an overview of what to expect from second grade. Unfortunately, it starts at 6:30, which is an awkward time to plan around. Since it’ll be almost bedtime when we get home, we’ll eat dinner before we head over to the school. On Friday evening, my daughter has her first hip hop dance class, which run from 5:00 to 6:00. We’ll get home from that at almost 6:30, but at least it’s not a school-night.
We’re heading out-of-town on Saturday morning, to celebrate my nephew’s fourth birthday in the Boston-area. We’ll spend Saturday night at my sister’s house, and head home in the late morning on Sunday.
With that in mind, here’s what’s for dinner at my house this week:
- Monday: Turkey meatloaf (from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook) w/couscous
- Tuesday: Pasta with quick meat sauce (from Real Simple Easy Delicious Meals)
- Wednesday: Braised Asian spareribs (from Slow Cooker: The Best Cookbook Ever) w/ broccoli and rice
- Thursday: Grilled salmon or swordfish, with grilled veggies
- Friday: Leftovers/fridge clean-out
- Saturday: Out-of-town!
- Sunday: We’ll be arriving home from Boston late in the afternoon, so dinner will be some form of takeout.
This post contains affiliate links, which helps support this blog. Thank you!