Happy Friday! The ending of every summer week makes me a little sad, but we have a fun weekend to look forward to. We have good friends coming for a visit tomorrow, and a ladies’ get-together with a couple of my daughter’s friends and their moms, on Sunday.
Here are some highlights from this week:
- The deck is finished! Our big house project of the summer is complete, and our new deck is in place. My husband quickly pulled the deck furniture out, so we’re ready to enjoy it.
- Summer is not over!! I’ve received several end-of-summer-sale and back-to-school catalogs this week. It’s July, people!! School starts on September 7th in our district. Can we please just enjoy the summer while it’s here??
- Swimming lessons are over. My daughter finishes her two weeks of swimming lessons today. For the second year, she took her lessons at Skidmore College, and their program is great for her. There’s a 30-minute lesson, once a day for two weeks in a row. (No weekends.) It’s sort of like swimming boot camp, without the yelling. It really builds her confidence, and her skills improve greatly during the sesson.
- Cleaning out the closets. Most of the clothes my daughter outgrows are in good-to-excellent condition, so I try to make a little extra cash by selling them. I generally participate in twice-annual consignment sales, but this summer I’ve been dabbling with selling them on eBay, as well as apps like Kidizen and the Styled Child group on Fam. I just started with the latter two, so stayed tuned for results…
- Reading! I’ve been working on catching up on old issues of one of my favorite magazines, The New Yorker. This often feels like a losing battle, since it’s a weekly publication, with tons of great, but dense, articles. I’m also reading another book on my summer reading list, Before We Visit the Goddess. I’m only about 30 pages in, but so far, so good.
How was your weekend? What are your weekend plans?
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I'll receive a small amount of compensation from Amazon. Thank you for supporting my blog!